Thursday, February 5, 2009

It is time!


As I was chatting on the etsy chat on wednesday the topic of my "fake painting" came up.

Fake painting? Me? Noooooooooo!!!


We moved into our house about 9 years ago now. We weren't married yet, and still pretty nieve and stupid! One thing we did know, is that the house seemed to fit us somehow. Our home is a half a double in a small, crappy little old coal mining town. The only thing that's really great is that it has a larger yard for town.

Once we moved in, there was quite a lot of work to be done. Our house really looked like the 70's threw up. It had weird charm in certain areas, and as I do have abnormal tastes when it comes to decorating, not all of the 70's stuff bothered me. We actually kept some funky wallpaper going up the stairs because you just don't see that stuff anymore!

During the past few years we made a lot of adjustments. The walls in most of the rooms have a lot of my art from school up on them, and they are dotted with pictures of my family. But then there's the kitchen.

Our kitchen hasn't had any tlc the whole time we are here, and as I had mentioned in the begining of this blog there is a.......fake painting!!!!

How can somebody who went to school for art have a freakn' fake painting in their house? I really don't have a explaination. I guess I've been procrastinating so much, that there it is. We laugh at it....but like a joke that has been told way too many times, now it's just annoying.

So today, I promised myself to take the damn thing down. When I did, I started remembering all the plans that I had for the "fake painting". I had been saving tea box art for a while to decoupage on the board...but then somewhere I had stopped and now just have a drawer of crap. I also remember tring to come up with a mural for the wall that the painting was on, but then realized that it would probalby look pretty wacky. Reguardless, I promise to recycle this wretched thing and breath life into the "fake painting". My plan is to paint a picture of my koi pond from the summer on it. It is going to take a while, becuase this is one ugly piece of flake board, but I am detirmined!!!

I'm going to try to add pictures of the progress, join me in my adventure!

-bohemeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment